Monday, March 06, 2006

Novice In Progress

Baby Dog Days has been up for about a month now although I haven't posted an average of one post a day for that whole period. Sort of started it to emancipate (no, not Mimi) some frustration that sometimes can take over oneself. But I have found it has actually allowed me to keep my mind thinking and working (in a good way) and to reduce stagnancy since there are no school papers or exams to think about. I've also enjoyed reading blogs by Tabasco Man, Gee Why, and Wayne's World, and have learned a lot of what's going on in the world including the important news that Jessica Alba was on the cover of Playboy without her consent.

So with that said, I'm probably not going to avoid all of the Top 10 Design Mistakes for Blogs, but I'd like to make some improvements. I'm currently reading some blog information provided by Pulpconnection and others to see what I can do. First off in my list is adding links to the sidebar. Is there an easy way to do that and make simple design changes? And any suggestions for a new name to replace Baby Dog Days 'cause there has been commentary that it may not be up to standards?

Anyways, I'm definitely not going to make a living blogging but we're hoping it helps to reduce the risk of a heart attack.

1 comment:

Gee Why said...

Tinkering with your blog takes time and trial and error for me (I'm no HTML or CSS expert).

Changing the sidebar requires changing the Blogger template. I think you can find other Blogger templates that others have done out on the Net so that may be an option to get something different.

Not up to standards? Who said that?

And news about JAlba being on the cover of Playboy is a very serious issue. We're talking about your rights as an individual, the illegal/immoral use of your likeness, and the sanctity of your own personal image. If our basic rights are not upheld then the American way has failed us. See, all very, very series issues are at stake. ;)