Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wanted: Photo Editing Software...

or the like for a Mac. I primarily used Photoshop Elements before getting the new baby. I would like to get something that has similar capabilities to do more or less basic editing and creating photo cards like the ones I've done in the past. I've done no research thus far and don't expect the software that came with it to do such things, but would like suggestions if anyone has got any. I personally don't mind spending a little to have the capability to do such "creative" things but MSO would disagree. Well, if he doesn't want to spend time helping out with making possibly more cards than the most recent 'Thank You' cards, then I'm sure he'll hold back his argument against me purchasing something to make photo cards.

3 comments:

Gee Why said...

Never did look into anything like this...

The latest version of iPhoto does photo cards (and calendars and photo books). You can place on-line orders to have these printed and delivered to you or you might be able create what you want and print them yourself.

Photoshop Elements for the Mac is available but it's one version behind the Windows version. I thought I read Version 5 will come for the Mac eventually.

If you have Elements for Windows along with other apps that you already invested in, how about trying out the Windows virtual machine, Parallels Desktop for Mac? Believe the latest version works on all Intel-based Macs now. An $80 product.

With Parallels, you can run other exciting Windows apps like AutoCAD and Visio! ;p

Angry Asian Girl said...

Hey, I have iPhoto. I'll look into your suggestions and see. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Some are windows-only:
click