Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Maybe Down To Earth

Made my way to the Pearlridge Down To Earth store yesterday and as soon as I walked into the door I could just smell the healthiness. Or maybe it was all that aromatherapy crap by the door. It's a rather small store with rather small and short aisles. One small annoyance is that it felt as though I was constantly moving out of the way for their employees who were in numbers. Everywhere I turned there was an employee. Whether restocking, helping a customer, or just standing there, one was unfortunately where I wanted to be.

Another small annoyance was that one of the employees asked me if I needed help looking for something. I politely informed him that I didn't need help and that I was just looking. His reply of "Okaay." rubbed me the wrong way as it implied that I should be asking for his help and that I was missing out on his grandiose, exceptional knowledge of the health and beauty products we were surrounded by. Whatever.

Then, I finally head to the cashier with my basket full of organic and no-meat products only to be rung up by a multitasking employee, eating chips from a container right next to the register (Yuck, touching dirty $$$!), answering every call that comes in and transferring those calls, and looking closely at the products to see where the barcodes are in order to ring them up thus taking longer. (Maybe he's new or maybe he just can't remember where barcodes are on the products that he constantly rings up.)

Oh, and to finish off the transaction, he doesn't even hand me my receipt. It's left on the counter for me to pick up myself! Guess I should be appreciative that he wished me a nice evening. Not!

I just left there feeling like what the hell just happened. I also thought of another store that I could go to for the type of products that they sell and I came across a possible meaty alternative to Down To Earth. We'll see.

No comments: