Thursday, March 02, 2006

Restroom Observations

You're sitting in the restroom. You hear someone go into a stall, do their business, and then you hear the door to the restroom shut. Wait. Did you hear the water at the sink running? NO!!! This person decides to skip the hygiene step and return to work as if nothing happened. So, now you're sitting there thinking:

a) Wow, that person was quick. Wish I could be just as quick.
b) That's disgusting! That person didn't wash their hands and now I may touch objects that they may have touched with their filthy hands (such as door knobs).
c) You're not sitting, thinking anything of it 'cause you're that person.
d) Other: (Fill-in-the-blank)

Does management need to start posting signs requiring employees to wash their hands prior to returning to work such as those you see in restaurants and stores?

Guess I'm a slight germaphobe (actually, looked up the real word which I think supposed to be mysophobia, although mysophobia has also been defined as an abnormal fear of dirt or contamination which I don't think I have) so I do wash my hands after using the restroom. Further, if the door to a public restroom opens towards you as you exit, I tend to use a paper towel to open the door just for instances when someone doesn't wash their hands after doing their business. Alright, I won't go further with the idiosyncrasies. But I do know that there are others who do these kinds of things...

2 comments:

Wayne's World said...

D: they carry their own waterless hand sanitizer
E: they wear gloves when using the bathroom
F: they are immune to germs of any kind.
G: they are just plain nasty!

tabasco man said...

Hey, I'm one of those people (don't was my hands) nah! I'm the one who flushes the toilet, turns off the water faucet, and opens the door with a paper towel. If no more paper towel then I gotta use the waterless hand sanitizer or "Wet Ones" afterwards. Here is an article on handwashing.