Thursday, April 27, 2006

More Restroom Observations

Bad enough I need to wake up really early, but now the restroom at T Land is bad as you can tell by the evidence. What you can't get from the evidence is how bad it can smell as well. Not so much a men's restroom kind of smell (come on guys, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout), but an almost sewer-like smell in the stalls. I've already been told to bring in my own water to drink.

One day there was a sign on the door of a stall that said it was Out of Order. Okay, that's fine. But while in the other stall, it smelled even more. Curiosity as to why it was sooo stank got the best of me and I took a risky peek to find that it was full of you-know-what. Talk about gross!!! There has gotta be some kind of Department of Health issue when the toilet sometimes does not flush (because "there is a problem with the flushing") and fecal matter is just left in the toilet like that.

Sometimes when I go to restrooms, I think of George Constanza. Wasn't there an episode where George claims to know where the best public restrooms are in the city? Was it: Anywhere in the city - I'll tell you the best public toilet.?

1 comment:

Gee Why said...

Hah! I've been bringing my own water for like 10 years now. Don't trust the plumbing and pipes of these aging WWII facilities.

Don't know if the Dept of Health has any jursidiction over federal/DOD facilities.

Don't you work with hazardous materials anyway? This stuff should be pretty benign compared to what you work with. ;)

When we shop at Ala Moana, we go to Neiman Marcus to change our daughter. They have changing/family rooms on each floor. There's a sink and padding on the countertop. Nice and clean as well. You can always drool at the insanely expensive Bugaboo stroller in the kids section.