Monday, April 03, 2006

Zoo-land-err

To err is human but to forget sunscreen for your baby is just MSO and I being bad parents. We were invited for a zoo visit this weekend (Thanks, KM Family!), and we almost left baby vulnerable to the harmful rays of the sun. But never fear, the more experienced parents went equipped with all the goods and baby sunscreen was one of them. We relunctantly used their sunscreen and were on our way.

The sun was actually out somewhat on Sunday but evidence of Friday's rain (puddles and mud) were still around as we made our way around the zoo. Oh, before I forget (again), if you decide to go to the zoo, BYOB as a bottle of water costs $2.75! MSO and I haven't been to the zoo in years but I do remember a water fountain that used to be there. It was an opened animal's mouth from which you drank the water from.


We made our way to the elephants first and it was as if it was my first visit to the zoo as I started snapping away with our camera.

We were provided with a map of the zoo but do we really need a map for the zoo here? Kidding. A map is always helpful. I actually use a map when I go to the shopping center and MSO laughs at me. At least I don't have to wonder where a store is and waste my time walking around looking for it.


Just as these turtles don't have to worry about swimming around the dirty water as they hop on the back of a bigger turtle to laugh at the people in awe of their ability (me included) to line up on a log.





Many of the animals were in siesta mode as they were sleeping or hiding.




Others were walking away,






hanging tall,







or plain outright posing.





A new thing at the zoo, at least to me, is the Keiki Zoo. The whole area was new, including buildings and restrooms. A comment about the restrooms. MSO went to check if there was a changing table in the men's restroom and much to my disappointment, there wasn't any. WTF?! Men must change their children's diapers too!


The Keiki Zoo features domestic animals that can be met up close such as the pigs,






the goats,







the cows,










and others.










I can't recall seeing so many strollers in one place before nor did I see so many shots of animals' rear ends before. It was a recurring theme of the day and I'll thank the mosquitos very much for leaving their bites on the back of my legs and not on my rear end.


(Sorry if the format of this post is all over the place. Had to get in as many of those pictures as I could.)

3 comments:

Gee Why said...

Nice pics (again). Haven't been to the zoo in years.

What mall do you need a map for? You must not go shopping enough! ;)

Angry Asian Girl said...

Ala Moana. And you're right about not going shopping enough. Wasn't JCPenney there?

Gee Why said...

We bring bottled water whenever we go out now. And that's another reason to like Starbucks. Most of them have water spigots you can get a cool refill at. They also give out free hot water to heat up milk or mix formula with. Tall, grande, or venti - no matter, still free.