Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick Or Treat!

We had plans to go to the Bishop Museum's Treat Street but due to inclement weather we had to abandon those plans and decided to head out to Kahala Mall.



So together with the K Family we did. It was surprisingly pretty crowded. Surprising for me as I don't think I've ever gone to a mall for Trick or Treat-ing.


People were all around and even where they weren't supposed to be (see sign). I like that Nemo costume in the front.






Oooh, the big white apple hidden behind the tree. Store is scheduled to open by the end of the year.






We saw a clever ensemble utilizing a shopping cart and what looked like a patio umbrella that almost took out some people walking.






But I think the best and cutest pair was the two kids we see here. =) It was a fun night!

3 comments:

Gee Why said...

Didn't know you could go trick or treating in a mall.

Where's that Apple store at? In the article, the SB says where the Gap and FootLocker used to be. The picture doesn't look like that area, more the area next to the kitchen/cooking store, but I haven't been to KM for some time.

Did the Gap and FootLocker actually close down and move out? If so, I smell another Windward Mall death trap!

Angry Asian Girl said...

Yeah, you could go to Pearlridge Center and Windward Mall among others. The newspaper had a listing of participating places.

You know I was a little disoriented 'cause we were just trying to keep baby out of everyone's way and from grabbing the stores' balloons, but I think it was where Gap used to be. Didn't realize that FootLocker was near but I don't remember seeing FootLocker there anymore. But with Apple resident there it shouldn't be a death trap, right?

Gee Why said...

Yeah, having an Apple and a Starbucks is a good indicator. But Windward Mall had a Gap and it's been long gone.

Only Macy's is a flagship store in that mall. I guess Barnes and Noble but that's outside and a hassle to get to. Tower is going... but the rich folks still need a place to shop so Kahala Mall will survive.