Monday, December 11, 2006

Bottom Feeder

NOUN: 1. A fish or other animal that feeds on the bottom of a body of water. 2. One that feeds low on the food chain; a scavenger. 3. Slang a. An opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others: “The frazzled, adrenaline-pumped tabloid newshounds [in the movie] are the bottom feeders of contemporary journalism” (Entertainment Weekly, May 18, 1994). b. A low or despicable person.

That's me. I remembered to make my picks this past week late Thursday morning after deciding earlier in the week that I still had time to do them. However, with no capability to access sports-related sites, I scrambled to make it home during lunch to do them, not knowing whether or not it was still too late (is it?). Just my luck to find that our Internet connection is down. S4!7!!! No time to troubleshoot and no time to go somewhere else. Oh the stupid dedication to just not be last place. What a damn sinking feeling. I'll be bringing my money to buy the appetizers along with Wayne's World for you blokes in spite of my tremendous disappointment.

2 comments:

Gee Why said...

Just gotta get picks, any picks, in ahead of time then edit later on. Missing a week is just too painful. Even with guesses, you'll get some points.

I see you made the jump to Blogger Beta. I like and don't like the hierarchical nav structure now available. Need to play around with it more to see if I like it.

Still figuring out the different "features" of blogger beta and how to switch Pulpconnection without breaking things. Where's the time?

Angry Asian Girl said...

Yeah, my bad and your gain. =S

Yup, since I don't do too many different things right now decided to see what the Beta was like.