Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Great Tips

Now the title for the section with this link says 'Pro' but that could be perceived many ways. I am definitely not a 'Pro' when it comes to Apple products (or anything for that matter), and I don't think I'll ever be a 'Pro' when it comes to Apple products, but I almost feel like a 'Pro' stumbling upon this Mac OS X Tips Archive. I found the tips that I've read thus far to be very entertaining and at the same time very useful. In fact, other articles and commentary that I've read on their site has made me smile or give a quiet giggle. So you don't always need yearbook pictures for laughter 'cause you can go to Apple to get some. Or rather you can just go to the iTunes store and buy your laughter. MSO has got an arare container and milk carton full of coins. Where are those Coinstar machines?

2 comments:

Gee Why said...

Foodland has the Coinstar machines. Probably other places too but not sure if all of them got iTunes credit.

So fun to dump in a bunch of coins and watch the total steadily climb.

Got the Eminem Re-up(?) CD to check out (and maybe buy).

Gee Why said...

Not sure if this is a tip, but Expose is cool and useful. F11 to clear all windows and go to the desktop is handy.

I have the Expose F9 feature mapped to the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Move the cursor down there and all the windows miniaturize and declutter themselves.

Apple's Boot Camp page is pretty funny. Check out the EFI and BIOS and the Word to the Wise sections.

Did you ever see a job description for an Apple position? Pretty funny too. Have to try to dig one up.