Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Killjoy for Parents Kids

Much of my childhood memories are unfortunately suppressed so I can't say for sure whether I would tear open a toy when receiving it, but I gotta say, the way toys are packaged today is just downright brutal for parents kids.

For a child, all he/she sees is the toy in its nicely wrapped, marketing focused package, and he/she focuses on getting to that toy to start playing with no matter what. But all the parent sees are these damn tightly twisted wraps to hold the object of their child's current affection.

I had been untying these wraps nicely to save them for MSO who requested they be kept for "later use" (gets that from his father), but I'm fed up. Fed up with having my our child's enthusiasm muted by these evil things, and with having so many of them around to remind us what tribulations we went through. I will now resort to using our delicate but hefty scissors carefully crafted in one of the world's oldest civilizations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate those things also. Nail clippers are a good alternative too.