Thursday, June 22, 2006

Coalition for Changing Stations in Men's Restrooms

Don't know how it is around the rest of the states, or in fact, the rest of the world but I've discovered there is a shortage of changing stations in public restrooms for men. Wherever the journey may take you, I'm sure you'll see many females taking babies to get diapers changed rather than males. Why is this I ask?! Aren't we a society that embraces equal rights? With that, I'd like to start a coalition to get changing stations in more men's restrooms. Anybody with me? Hello? Well, I'm sure I'm wasting breath and energy 'cause it'll probably never happen.

But I do wonder how male parents take care of the task at hand when there's no changing station available and they're out alone. Men, tell us your methods.

On our journey last month we did come across a rarity that is a changing station in the men's restroom at this zoo which we only went to for the restroom. Thus, the picture.

1 comment:

tabasco man said...

We have never changed our children in a public bathroom. I guess it is the germ-o-phobe in us. You know all the disgusting things that happens in bathrooms. We usually change them in the car or if at a mall we go to a dressing room.