Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Awkward Ride

One of the most quiet and awkward rides I've ridden had to be the one I had yesterday courtesy of the car dealership's shuttle van. At full capacity the van, a Sienna, made its way to drop off complete strangers at their respective destinations. The only time there was dialogue was when the driver, Richard, had to ask questions regarding drop off locations or when he got a phone call. One rather lively older lady basically booted me, with all my bags, to the far back seat 'cause she said she was an 'old lady' that would have difficulty moving to the back. Sheesh. Guess I shouldn't complain 'cause it could be worse on TheBus.

3 comments:

Wayne's World said...

I wonder if that was the same guy I got? I took the shuttle from Toyota Mapunapuna and it was kinda weird too. I would think the driver would at least try to talk to whoever was in the passenger seat but he didn't. If he's in the front, and everyone else is in the back then I wouldn't feel weird about him not talking to people in the back. It would be kinda like The Bus.

Angry Asian Girl said...

Yeah, the driver didn't even talk to the passenger next to him. He was all business.

Gee Why said...

I've used the shuttle service from the Toyota Mapunapuna several times, and it is weird sitting so close to strangers. The person in the front seat talks to the driver once in awhile, but mostly it's a quite ride. Most people ask about the Sienna itself.

The best one was when the driver got too close to the sidewalk and hit it sending a big jolt throughout the van. I was in the front seat at the time thinking man, she's getting real close to the sidewalk then whammo!

Still though a good service to have. I also got to see someplaces I've never been to when dropping off folks.