Monday, May 14, 2007

I Must Not Be A Mother

Either MSO did not get the memo that it was Mother's Day yesterday or I must be that bad to not get a card or even a "Happy Mother's Day"...for the second time in my motherhood of a life. Lifehacker has a post about giving your mom the gift of self-care. Did I get any of that? Nope. No day off from any kind of responsibilities for me. Washed, hung, and threw in the dryer about four loads of laundry among other household things without having a chance to relax and take care of myself. What's the gift of time?! In MSO's eyes, moms must not do a lot of work and need any type of pampering to be recognized on even the second Sunday of May...But he can tell you what teams are leading their respective series in the NBA playoffs. I'm so lucky!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know that the NBA playoffs are much more important than Mother's Day at this time of year :P There was a time when MSO said that she did not need a gift for Mother's Day, being that our daughter's b-day is so near and that we were going to take our respective mothers out for brunch or dinner. So I didn't get her anything. I was wrong. I didn't hear the end of it for at least 6 months. However, I did say "Happy Mother's Day" (SK). Now, it's gifts for every occasion :) I kinda know how you feel, though. MSO's friend's b-day is close to mine. So a few years ago he got a gift for his b-day (from MSO)while I got nothing:( Anyway, next year, I'll send YSO the memo. I think he was counting on the Z man to plan something:)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...still bringing up that birthday faux pas, eh? Seems like I haven't been able to live THAT one down either! (And it's been WAY more than 6 mos.!). ;)

SK, you'd better get out there and buy AAG a gift, give her a hug, take her to dinner...do something! Show her the appreciation she deserves, because believe me, she's got one of the hardest jobs in the world taking care of her child, in addition to the "Z man". :)

Angry Asian Girl said...

I always think I don't need a gift but it is nice. What I feel rather upset about, no more like pissed, is not getting even a "Happy Mother's Day" as if I'm not a mother. He says that's "not how he feels inside" but how the heck am I supposed to know "how he feels inside". Guess I'm supposed to have gotten some extraordinary psychic powers when I became a mother.

Thank you both for your comments! It's too bad MSO doesn't read this stuff...

Gee Why said...

So you gonna show him how it's done when Father's Day rolls around? Or going to perpetuate the hate and discontent? ;)

I thought husbands had to get psychic powers to read their spouse's mind?

Go out to Starbucks and have yourself a Strawberry and creme drink and venti size it!

Angry Asian Girl said...

Gee Why: If I've forgiven him by Father's Day, I'll probably show him (as usual) how it's done.

Husbands should have the psychic powers but usually don't.

I'll pass on the drink for now but never say never.

esluvar said...

Really now, u weren't surprised were u?