Monday, May 14, 2007

Retreat, The Pool, And Farewell

Made my way to another stamp retreat and it was fun, fun, fun! Would never have thought at my age I'd be stampin', yet go to a retreat with a bunch of other (older) people. But there I was and here I am with all my stamp accoutrements, almost addicted, creating stuff I hope people appreciate.





You pay a flat fee upfront but all the supplies are provided. Walking away with the finished products and with the many ideas to add to your repertoire is priceless for me. Door prizes are also given away. I won a folder full of idea sheets. Thought about becoming a demonstrator but time was a concern and I wanted to put the time and effort into being there for my family and enjoying that.


And this weekend we did that with some friends at the pool.








On my way to the destination, I encountered this but could not show any drivers my mad waving skills as there was no flag to wave. Bummer.








It was a nice, sunny, and hot day. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves. A lot of thanks to CL for allowing us to bask atop (sort of) the Tower.






No time for much relaxing before we made our way to the Waikiki Beach Walk to go to Holokai Grill to get some chow. The Grilled Vegetable Penne with Seared Ahi was good.






Got a taste of the Kaimana Mango Mojito, and that was good. KeM appeared to enjoy (His) Banana Hammock and its "special surprise". ;) Don't think the female diner on the other table enjoyed her surprise of finding out she left the price tag on the dress she was wearing. (Couldn't get a picture to post.)




Next it was onward to Yard House. "Yard House features a transparent keg room containing more than 600 barrels, and a signature island bar displaying a fleet of tap handles with over 130 varieties of ice cold draft beer."





Yeah, over 130 varieties and what does MSO get first? A Bud Light.








First thought when I got in there was loud and crowded. Must be getting old and even more boring. Thought the architecture with the keg room was cool. Going to the restroom with the booth seating was a little challenging.







Hmmm, so many choices with no indication of prices. Drink up!










Check out the Beer Facts. I think Wayne's World might be taking Beer Fact 1 to heart based on his posts here and here.










The Six Pack Sampler sampled by SDC.








My choice of the night was Slo Blueberry Ale. Not many would like fruity with their beeah but I liked it.

Here's to you, LS! Farewell and see you when you get back or when we see you there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MSO and I also enjoyed the full day of events. Banana Hammock was the bomb, not to mention the surprise;) The variety of beers were also very good. Thanks to everyone involved in the planning (although we had to wait a while for the pool):)

Wayne's World said...

Ooo more beer! Gotta check it out!