Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Countdown Begins

Haven't heard the official word from DY yet but it's almost certain a new project will be lookin' for me. T Land can no longer afford me. Mind you, labor costs and my (so-called) skills definitely don't correspond so they really are overpaying for what I'm capable of...which is not much. Aren't those weekly reports trivial? Damn, looks like I'm in trouble now.

Just dislike the feeling of having to basically start all over. The anxiety of a variety of things - who, what, where. It's probably just me that feels this way though, and I'm coming to a diagnosis that I may have a combination of generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. Who, what, where, when, and how? I don't know but we'll just have to wait and see...The comfort zone is crumbling as the countdown is proceeding.

3 comments:

Gee Why said...

Don't worry, things will turn out okay. Sorry to hear about your current project (unless you wanted a change).

You have something already lined up? This helps ease the anxiety of who, what, where. Better to be proactive and ask around for projects if you can.

Starting new is kinda scary but fun too. You might actually find the greener grass on the other side!

Hey how about project swapping? You already know the where, what, and who! An easy transition!

Angry Asian Girl said...

Change is okay...I think. Just not knowing what the change is to creates the anxiety.

Nothing lined up yet but DY informed me that there are options, including helping him out. Yikes! Wouldn't know who to ask around with anyway and with my (lack of) skills, it'd be difficult to make a sell.

Project swap? Nah. Thanks though. =S

Gee Why said...

Helping him out? Does that mean traveling too?