Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Single Parents Recognition

Do you know any single parents of toddler-aged children who get little, if any, help from their family or friends and manage to keep sane? If you do, it's time to give them a big hug, bow, or whatever to recognize that they are truly amazing people.

I'm surely not one of those amazing people but have been managing to keep it together thus far after just about losing it last week. To the rescue as usual comes my family and in-laws. So grateful...

With free tickets (Thanks to Ms. B!) in hand, my sis and I went to see the latest Harry Potter movie at the Ward 16 Theatre. What surely wasn't free or cheap was the food and damn water that we purchased. A little over $20!!! We didn't think ahead to sneak in stuff but of course should've.



Noticed it before but haven't been to the movies in a LONG time so it sort of amazed me again that this looked like this. Or maybe it was just having to wait at nine in the morning to get into a movie.






Almost as amazing was that I didn't know these ticket machines existed. You can purchase movie tickets online too? I think the last movie I seen in the theater might've been the last Harry Potter movie. Is that right?! Sheesh.

3 comments:

Gee Why said...

Last movie I saw was the last X-Men. Before that was the "last" of the newer/older Star Wars trilogy.

Not sure what and when the next flix would be.

Phoebe said...

So how was the latest Harry Potter movie (in relation to the previous installments)?

Angry Asian Girl said...

IMO, the latest movie was no better or no worse than the others.

It was amazing to see how the young characters physically changed, not only Harry, Hermione and Ron, but also the other students and Dudley too.

There was humor (which I always enjoy) and Imelda Staunton, who played Professor Umbridge, did an excellent job. I liked Luna Lovegood played by Evanna Lynch.

Of course the whole book could not be brought to the big screen so there were things that I actually remember about the book that were missing. But no damage done as it still made me want to see the next one and read the last book.